A few days ago, someone told me that I should be "over it" by now, so in honor of yet one more stupid thing people should just learn to keep to themselves, here is another top 10 list...with commentary of course.
- "Time heals all wounds" (This cliche sounds as bad as it reads. Time heals nothing…bandaids with neosporine heal wounds, just not big ones)
- "There must be a reason he died" (Thanks brainiac, I have the death certificate…it says SIDS)
- "You know, Colin is in a better place" (Mommy, Daddy, and Ava's arms…is there a better place? Nope!)
- "You should be happy he is with God" (And you should be happy that I am not sending you to join him)
- "God only takes the special ones" (Sucks to be you then, huh?)
- "God doesn’t give us more than we can handle" (When the very non-religious person who said this to me finished, I thought two things…(1) When have you ever talked to God?!?, and (2) YOU try handling this for even a split second, then shut your pie hole!)
- "You got to get back on the horse" (Either you just called my wife a horse or you watched too many westerns…either way, shhhhhhhhhh, the throbbing in your brain is just the pain of thinking…I know you aren't used to it…it will pass)
- "Colin wouldn't want you to be sad, angry, bitter, etc." (He wouldn't want me listening to your drivel either)
- "Do you still miss him that much?" (this deserves no more than the WTF?!? stare it got)
- "You should be over it by now" (Hello McFly, McFly! Do the world a favor and just super glue your lips together, thanks)
You know Colin, one thing God should have put into people is a "Stupid Sensor" that goes off every time something profoundly stupid wants to travel from the brain to the mouth...that or a way to catch words out of mid-air before they reach another person's ears. Oh well, MENSA parties won't be as big this year, and too bad, I have heard about their parties.