Monday, June 17, 2013

Stupid Little Hearts

June brings a few days with it that make things a little harder, first my birthday, then Father's Day. Well, this year, the birthday was nice and quiet and Father's Day was going well until I took the girls to see the bench we had dedicated to Colin. Two juvenile couples decided to write their 'eternal' love to each other on Colin's bench. While I know that graffiti is going to happen, do people have no respect for anything or anyone? I do not care if these kids are in love and actually will be forever...just don't etch it into my son's memorial bench...or any other memorial bench for that matter. These benches are places for families to, in a way, sit with their dead loved ones and reflect. They are not places for people to express their love with stupid little hearts and angel wings. So, my last Father's Day gift to myself will be to go over and sand the graffiti out of the bench and hope that the offenders get the point, but if not, I will keep sanding until they do.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry this happened. =( Some times I wish I could smack the stupid people of the world!

    ReplyDelete