Thursday, September 1, 2011

Garlic

Colin,

The man I met at the Grieving Dads Workshop sent me a few bulbs of "Tony's World Famous Garlic." It arrived yesterday with planting and cultivating instructions. After reading his "Harvest" (ref) post, I thought it was a nice idea to share something so simple, yet meaningful, so I decided that this year was my turn to plant the garlic and pass along the tradition next year to another dad who would be willing to do the same. I really wish that I would never have to pass it on, but unfortunately I already have a dad in mind when/if he is ready...we will see. So, sometime next year when I harvest my little garlic crop, I am going to roast a bunch of it, make a great big pizza, and think of how so many people have helped me. Then I am going to mail a few bulbs to another dad with a note that says "I am sorry to have met you this way, but thank you for passing on this unfortunate tradition."

I love you!
Daddy

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of that, but it sounds interesting. Well, interesting in spite of being unfortunate. I hope it grows into the best garlic you've ever tasted.

    ReplyDelete