Saturday, September 10, 2011

SIDS Run/Walk Over

Colin,

Mommy, Daddy, and Ava finished the run/walk today and had a great many friends supporting us in so many ways that we are honored and blessed to have them in our lives. I will not bore you with the details, but everything worked out fine and Mommy and Daddy are happy to have done it, but also happy that it is over. Seeing your little face on the cover of the pamphlet was tough, and then having people realize that I was your Daddy was even tougher since I had to field the "I'm sorry's," "He was such a beautiful boy's," and all the other uncomfortable pleasantries. But, at the end of the day, we did it, had love and support in doing so, and got to share you with friends new and old...so it turn out to be a good thing.

Much love!
Daddy

p.s. I left a blue wrist band next to you in your room so you could be part of "Team Colin" too.

1 comment:

  1. We did a similar walk a few months ago. It was such an awkward day. I was happy to be there and to be part of that cause. But I was so happy to just get it over and get out of there.

    I'm glad it was a good day for you.

    ReplyDelete