Tuesday, October 4, 2011

DTaP

Colin,

Through lots of reading and research, I logically know that the DTaP vaccine was not the cause of your death, but that is the logical side of the brain. The not so logical side of the brain felt very strange about your sister going to the doctor today and having to receive her final DTaP immunization. It was her first doctor's visit since your death and the first time I had to think about the vaccines and the fact that you died within 14 hours of receiving your two month vaccinations. Again, I logically understand that the shots were not the cause of death, but there is nothing logical about a two month old infant dying from no discernible cause. So, I am sure I will sleep uneasily tonight and will be quite happy and relieved to see Ava's smiling face saying good morning to her and your Daddy.

I love you!
Daddy

1 comment:

  1. I found your story through the Journal Sentinel. I am sorry for your loss, but would like to thank you for sharing your story. I run a non-profit in Madison, WI called Mikayla's Grace (founded after we lost our daughther Mikayla last year, www.mikaylasgrace.com). We donate angel memory boxes and NICU care packages to Madison area hospitals and as part of my facebook page (www.facebook.com/mikaylasgrace) I love to share stories about other families. As part of Pregnancy/infant loss awareness month, I would love to share a link to your blog if that is ok. You can email me at mikaylasgrace@gmail.com. We also have an event to honor all babies gone too soon on Octboer 15th if you don't have one in your area you are already attending in memory of Colin.

    ReplyDelete