Thursday, January 5, 2012

Daddy's Gain

Colin,

Someone sent this to me today, kind of out of the blue too...
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along."
~ Eleanor Roosevelt
If the meaning within these words is true then I guess you really can take on more than you ever thought you could. It has been over 10 months since you died and while I am not quite sure you ever get rid of all of the horror, but Daddy has has lived through the worst parts of it and is still here to face all the new challenges and changes that will come in 2012. However, Daddy is not going to tempt fate by asking what the next things is...rather he is just going to enjoy this year the best he can and be as prepared as can be for that next thing that comes along.

I love you!
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment