Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Road Less Travelled

It has been almost 3 full years since Colin died. This coming Sunday marks that terrible anniversary, and I find myself finally nearing the place where the roads converge again. I am glad to be getting off this road less travelled because, quite frankly, it was a crappy path. I am not going to go into all the details that made it so crappy. Those who know don't need to ask, and those who feel the need to ask, don't need to know. That may sound callus, but it is where I am. My mind is weary these days. I am not looking forward to another death date to acknowledge, and have those around me feel the need to offer sympathy. I am just enjoying trying to live in the moment and not worry about the past or the future. I can't change one or predict the other…and it took me a long time to accept the former. So, as I step back onto the main road, I am feeling a little more at peace knowing that my life is moving forward in a positive way. I know there are still many speed bumps and pot holes, but I am pretty adept now at seeing and avoiding them. It took the better part of 3 years, but at least it happened.

As always, to you, my son…I love you and miss you every moment of my life. Hopefully you can now be proud of the way I will live my life from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment