Monday, June 27, 2011

The Weekend

Colin,

Your Daddy is getting to be an old fart. I know, I know, 41 is not that old, but it is old enough to know better than to try to tackle major projects without taking the proper precautions...let me explain. First, Daddy had about 10,000 pounds of lumber delivered on Saturday. Doesn't sound like a lot really...ummmm...until you move all of the stuff. Thanks to Mr. Philip, it wasn't too bad, but it was still a lot of lumber to haul. So, we get it all around back, and Daddy should have called it a weekend there since he forgot to wear his knee brace and his knee was already in a great deal of pain, but NOOOoooooooo! your silly Daddy decided that he needed to spend all day Sunday building a deck. This would have been a good thing except he forgot to wear his brace AGAIN! By now you are wondering if your Daddy is bright enough to build anything, let alone a big deck (I was wondering too), but it is coming along just fine. When it is done (hopefully next weekend). Daddy is going to take some time and relax out there, stare up at the stars and pick one out just for you. Anyway, just thought you would like to know what was going on at the house.

Hugs and kisses,
Daddy

1 comment:

  1. I came accross you blog today and I would like to say thank you for sharing. I too am a father of a recently lost angel and have been using our blog to share and keep the memory of Zayana Grace fresh. Reading your posts just broke my heart and reminded me of the pain I have been going through too. I will continue to follow yours and Colin's story and will keep you in my prayers!! May you find peace in all that you do and here is to our little angels!! If you ever need anything, please let me know.
    -Ernesto (mendezmoments.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete